03/26/2018 04:03 am ET
Giant Animatronic T-Rex Bursts Into Flame
Because Even Robots Are Done With 2018
“Electrical issue” blamed for loss of 24-foot-tall T. rex.By Ed Mazza
Click here for a Youtube video of it.
24-foot-tall animatronic dinosaur at a Colorado attraction burst into
flames last week in a fiery scene that was caught on video.
No one was injured when the Tyrannosaurus rex at the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience in Canon City caught fire on Thursday.
On Facebook, the company said:
Holy smokes! We always knew T-Rex had a temper but, today he blew his
top. There was an unfortunate (and rare) electrical issue with our
mighty T-Rex and he is no longer. You might even say... extinct. We are
incredibly proud of our team for the way they efficiently and quickly
handled this situation and kept our guests safe. All in all, this
happened very quickly and we are a little shaken but we are operating
business as mostly usual - the big ropes course is closed but the
smaller course for younger kids is open, as well as the Wild Walk and
museum tours. Safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance
and we assure everyone that we are perfectly safe.
the incident has left the staff “a little shaken,” the Experience is
open and it’s “business as mostly usual,” the company said.
The staff is hoping to have a new T. rex up and running by summer.